In today’s world, automation is becoming increasingly common for repetitive processes, allowing expensive human resource capacity to be reallocated to higher value-added tasks. Such processes that can now be automated include enterprise search. Why perform the same complex and extremely time-consuming (even bulk) searches manually day after day, when TAS Alarmlist, the latest service of TAS Platform is already available?
What is TAS Alarmlist?
With TAS Alarmlist, repetitive searches can be automated and an alert could be sent if the search terms in the watchlists created by the user can be found within the content of the company’s data assets.
What data can we search
Searches can be run on numerous different databases, for example:
documents within the company own IT system
content collected from external sources
The searchable database can be continuously and arbitrarily extended with new data sources or with continuous updates. Continuous data collection of web-based contents and thus the expansion of corporate data assets can be solved by our other text analysis solution, TAS Data Collector.
How can we search?
The first thing to do is to create a watchlist of search terms. This can be done on the TAS Alarmlist interface or by uploading a compiled table as a file. These compiled watchlists can be later altered by adding, modifying or deleting new search terms.
Creating search templates
Any number of search templates can be created using the search terms contained in the watchlist. The service runs search queries regularly and automatically according to the intervals set.
How do I get notified when I get a new match?
The system continuously look for a match between the database content and the search terms contained in the compiled watchlist and notifies the user in case of a match. Two notification options are available.
- Rows containing new results are sorted to the top of the result list and an indication is given about the number of matches
- For queries with critical importance, an email notification can be set per template
TAS Alarmlist services and features
The default look of the GUI is equivalent to TAS Platform but it can be re-designed to fit the corporate identity of the partner. TAS Alarmlist offers the user the following services:
- a customizable interface for building search terms and templates
- search operators for creating advanced searches
- automatic execution of search queries
- result display (number of matches)
- match notifications
- project management
- user management
What are the main areas of application?
TAS Alarmlist can be of great help to large enterprises with significant data assets by automating the running of repetitive queries, but it can also be beneficial to SMEs. Since the search process is theme-independent, it can be useful for a wide range of application fields, such as:
- financial sector: monitoring of clients through watchlists to comply with anti-money laundering law
- economic sector: monitoring of market events by theme, competition and tender monitoring
- labour market, real estate, vehicle trade: automated searching for matches between supply and demand
- law enforcement: monitoring of wanted persons using wanted lists
- web commerce: product tracking
- online press: news monitoring, press review (by connecting to TAS News Reader, you can create a list of topics of interest to you (e.g. motorbike, Liverpool, smartwatch, etc.), so that you will be notified when a new article is added to the list.)
Do you frequently compile the same advanced queries for searching in the corporate data assets? Need help automating complex and time-consuming queries? Contact us!