Data scientist is a brand-new profession, hence there is no definitive job description of it. What is more, their everyday task is constantly evolving as an immediate reaction to the needs of the market.
The job of a data scientist is multidisciplinary.
A data scientist has the following key competences and skills:
- programming skills
- machine learning, deep learning
- software engineering
- statistics and linear algebra
- text analytics
- data visualization
A data scientist can be expected to accomplish the following tasks:
- Processing large amount of unstructured data and transforming it into structured one that can be used and understood more easily.
- Analyzing data in order to find patterns and trends that can serve as a basis for further business analysis.
- Working together with experts of both IT and business, and understanding the problems and needs of both fields.
- Being sensitive to business-related issues and using data-driven solutions to tackle them.
Projects need the expertise of a data scientist in the following cases:
- They incorporate tasks that require one to manage huge amount of data and solve complex issues.
- They value data. The aim of the project is to get valuable information out of a massive amount of data, which is often unstructured as well.
- They seek novel and creative solutions.
Important data science tools:
- Feature Labs
- AWS Lambda
- Apache Giraph
- Power BI
Our Text Analytics Solutions are gathered in the TAS Platform.
If you happen to realize that your project can be boosted by employing a data scientist, do not hesitate to contact us. Our talented data scientists are ready to help you.